Armela Ramić is a bar-certified attorney at law and a legal practitioner with over ten (10) years of professional working experience. Her main practice areas, inter alia, include civil litigation, corporate law, and arbitration. Her legal practice also includes business litigation, including ownership disputes, debt recovery, breach of contract, shareholder actions, commercial real estate litigation, business liquidations and dissolutions, bankruptcy, intellectual property rights, commercial collections, and enforcement of court decisions.
Some of her recent relevant cases include:
- Representing the local construction company in construction dispute concerning the project of recovery of the railways before the Arbitration Court of the Foreign Trade Chamber in BiH.
- Member of the legal team that represented a public road administration company before the ICC Arbitration in Vienna.
- Member of the legal team that represented one of the largest gas companies in BIH before the Arbitration Court of the Foreign Trade Chamber in BiH.
- Representing clients in 4 disputes concerning the construction of Corridor VC, FIDIC Red Book standard terms of agreement, dispute subject matter concerning a direct payment claim from subcontractors to the investor, a total dispute value amounting to $4 million.
- Representing clients in 4 disputes concerning construction of Sarajevo Bypass route, FIDIC Red Book standard terms of agreement, dispute subject matter concerning direct payment claim from subcontractors to the investor, a total dispute value amounting to $3 million.
- Representing clients in over 50 cases concerning debt collection and compensation claims in civil litigation and enforcement procedures before various courts in BiH.
- Advising clients on a variety of commercial and regulatory matters concerning the development and execution of 10 local and international construction projects.
Other types of professional engagement include:
While working with the Law Office Miljković & Partners in Sarajevo, she was engaged by EBRD and Judicial Training Center of FBiH to develop module of judicial training on Financial Services Consumer Protection Law, the Law on the Protection of Guarantees and Ombudsman in Bosnia and Herzegovina to judges from national and entity level courts.
She also worked on development of the “Self-Representation Guide for Micro, Small and Medium-sized enterprises in FBiH”, The World Bank, British Embassy Sarajevo, and UK Aid, in 2019.
She is engaged in the revision process of the White Book (2020 edition), coordinated and published by the Foreign Investors Council (FIC).